Monday, February 13, 2012

Our interview with Paul Parducci!

Image of Paul Parducci                                                Wet Linda


Bio

Paul Parducci has enjoyed a successful career in Hollywood as a Film and Television Actor. He has appeared on TV shows like "NYPD Blue," "Desperate Housewives" and "Murphy Brown" and starred in Films like "A Gun, A Car, A Blonde" with Billy Bob Thornton and the John Gotti BioPic "At The Sinatra Club" just to name a few.
Paul is a native of New Jersey. He served in the US Army and holds a Master of Fine Arts degree from National University. He presently lives in the Los Angeles area with his wife Kelly his son Patrick and an old one-tooth dog named Shadow.
"Wet Linda" A Horror Novel about a Bad Thing from the Water is his first.
 Many of Paul's acting, writing and directing credits can be found here on IMDB:
 "Wet Linda" a novel about a bad thing from the water is his first.

                                                             Bio provided by author

We were very pleased to get the opportunity to interview Paul and find out a little bit more about how he came to be an author as well as a well-known actor and director. Paul is a very creative person who likes exploring characters both externally and internally through movies and writing. So sit back grab a hot cup of your favorite beverage, and leave at least one light on, and give a warm welcome to Paul!

1.  What makes for a good hook in your stories? Where does your inspiration come from?

A. For me hooks are always in choices. When a Character has the choice to do the right thing but decides, either out of selfishness or fear, to go in another direction - that's when the story pulls me in.
As a storyteller I started as a film maker. Meaning I wrote screen plays and directed movies. It finally dawned on me that I was most interested in my characters internal life. Although you can present internal states in film, the best way of exploring these states is through the novel.
So I guess my inspiration comes from thinking about what's going on inside while the outside is in motion.
 2.  Are you an organized writer? Do you do things like take notes and make lists of characters, or do you free write and work it out as you go?
A. I have an initial plan for my characters and I have an idea where the story is going. Once I start, the characters take over and tell me where they want to go.
 3. What is your normal writing day like? Do you write when you are inspired or do you have a schedule?
A. I write first thing in the morning. Usually at least 1,000 words a day.
 4.  Who is your favorite author and how did they inspire you to write?
A. Tough question. I read constantly both fiction and non-fiction. I also watch a lot of film with an ear always for the screen plays behind them. So in a sense, I am inspired overall by the written word itself. The authors that come to mind as I answer this at this moment are: Charles Bukowski, Robert Bloch, Stephen King, Ernest Hemingway, Michael Crichton and HP Lovecraft.
 5. It's easy to see that you have a passion for writing, is there any part of it you don't like?
A. Finally saying something is done - and putting it out. Nothing is scarier; it’s like report card day.
6.  Do you make time to read and if you do what are you reading right now?
A.  Non-stop. Right now I'm reading the "Finca Vigia Edition of the Complete Short Stories of Ernest Hemingway", and as is usually the case, a few non-fiction books that I'm working through.
 7.  How did you get started in writing in the psychological, horror fantasy genre? Is there any personal life experience in your writing?
A.  I've always been fascinated by the darker side of the human nature. In a very real way our thoughts do create non-physical worlds. But what if there is an actual "other-place" with "other-entities" as well? Are they watching us... thinking us?
 8.  Your book has been published with Amazon.com, does this mean you see the publishing industry headed this way?
A. No question.
 9. Do you have any online sites where others can read more of your writings?
A. My blog which is mostly musings on technology, movies, writing and culture.
 10.  Do you have any more stories in the works? What kinds of stories do you plan to write next?
A.  I am in the middle of my second novel right now. It's a dark story about Men and Women.
 11.  Who would be your first choice to play Linda from your book "Wet Linda"?
A.  Good question. I really believe it should be a relative unknown. But she will have to be a strong actor, capable of portraying vulnerability as well as all-encompassing evil. Maybe someone who will be guest-starring on "Glee" this year!
 12.  Where did the idea for the story "Wet Linda" come from?
A.  I like to swim. (My wife says it's because I'm a Pisces) And sometimes late at night, swimming alone and the water is dark, I get that strange feeling.....
 13.  If you could meet anyone from any time who would it be and what would be your first question?
A.  I'd go back to 1665 Prague and ask Jan Marek Marci where he got the Voynich Manuscript from.
 14.  Which do you prefer, the new modern way to read with a Kindle e-reader or do you like to read a book?
A. Kindle hands down. It's always open to the best reading page. No thumb needed to hold the left page against the cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!