Friday, February 3, 2012

Our interview with Nandini Deka

UNHAPPILY MARRIED - An Indian Story by Nandini DekaImage of Nandini Deka                                             




             Bio


Nandini Deka is an Author (Fiction,Articles) and also a Professional Musician
Based in Bombay,India ( Producer,Composer & Artist)
Dream Jobs - Jobs that will always remain a dream!Since childhood my aims kept changing.
In the begining I wanted to be an IAS,then an Air Hostess,then a model,then a pilot and so on.Nonetheless though I did not become any of these,some of these jobs are something I still admire a lot and wish I could do them atleast once in my lifetime. 

                                            Excerpt of the bio taken from author's site.


It was our pleasure to interview Nandini when she volunteered to be interviewed! I discovered along the way that she was very talented and very artistic! She has a love and passion for life and living it. Please give a warm welcome to Nandini!



1. What makes for a good hook in your stories? Where does your inspiration come from?
I write my stories rather bluntly,as it is.I've chosen some controversial subjects too in my stories,so I try to make it as realistic and gripping as possible ( shocking too at times ).So,they are not the usual stuff that you’d normally get to read and I consider that as the unique point of my story telling or ‘hook’ as you put it!
My main genre is ‘social issues’ subjects ( though I write other genres too ).So I get ideas and inspiration from everything that is happening around me.
2. Are you an organized writer? Do you do things like take notes and make lists of characters? Or do you free write and work it out as you go?
Nop! I write free, as ideas or stories come in my mind. Sometimes an idea might struck me while I’m travelling,then I’d just pick my mobile and write them on the “messages” option and save it.Later on I do expand and improvise on it.
3. What is your normal writing day like? Do you write when you are inspired or do you have a schedule?

Theres no typical normal writing day as such. Though I make it a point to write everyday and its not always books, I write lots of articles and blogs too on various subjects.
4. Who is your favorite author and how did they inspire you to write?

Oh!!! There are plently of them. The only inpiration I get from them is seeing the effort and perfection that they’ve put into their work.So,I admire them a lot for their hard work.And Yeah their hard work inspires me to work even harder!
5. It’s easy to see that you have a passion for writing but is there any part of it you don’t like?

I love writing.However after finishing writing I found out one thing - that writing may be a fairly easy job but it comes with a whole package.It includes whole lot of things such as publicity,promotions,marketing etc if you want to put out your work for the world to notice and appreciate.I wont say I dont like it,but its a process that all writers have to be prepared about.
6. Do you make time to read and if you do what are you reading right now?

I do make time to read however I like light readings only.I just finished a book by an Indian author about love & marraige between a couple belonging to two different communities.It was a great funny read.
7. How did you get started in writing contemporary romance/fantasy? Is there personal life experience in the writing?

I have written 9 titles,only one is romance amongst them. The Autograph – It is a love story about a Rock Star and his fan. I always wondered how it’d be if the rockstar falls in love with his fan,the idea slowly took shape of a story.
Hmmm...no! Its pure fiction.
8. Your books have been published with Amazon.com, Does this mean you see the publishing industry headed this way?

Ebook publishing or rather self publishing is definately the future. Many traditional publishing houses closing shop ( due to introduction of popular ebook readers like the Kindle,nook etc ),also due to more and more authors opting to self-pub is a big indicator that self publishing is here to stay.
9. Do you have any online sites where others can read more of your writings?

Yes.I have.Reader can read more of my writings at the following sites.

My Amazon Author Page for all my books : http://www.amazon.com/author/nandinideka
10. Do you have any more stories in the works? What kinds of stories do you plan to write next?

Yes. I’m currently working on a paranormal fiction with a romantic twist.Should be interesting.
11. Who would be your first choice to play Meena in your story "Unhappily Married"?

Unhappily Married is as the title suggest not a very happy story.It has some shocking elements in it as the theme of the story is contemporary “social issues”.So anyone feeling comfortable in doing uncomfortable scenes is welcome to try it.
12. If you could meet anyone from any time who would it be and what would be your first question?

The Piramids!!!! I have to ask that pharoah why he made such a gigantic grave for himself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and visitng our page!